We’re diving into the new year here at Blackbaud, but we wanted to take a moment to pause and reflect on what our people were able to accomplish during the 2021 holiday season.
For 22 years, Blackbaud employees and board members have embodied our “We Give Back” value by participating in an annual toy drive. Over the years, Blackbaud has donated more than 118,000 toys to children around the world, making their holidays a little brighter.
With the company’s recent transition to a remote-first workplace approach, we have aligned our volunteering and give-back opportunities to be accessible for all employees, whether they are located near Blackbaud’s world headquarters in Charleston, S.C., or somewhere else. For our 2021 toy drive, employees had the opportunity to participate virtually by contributing online, while others got involved in-person at our headquarters by helping assemble children’s bikes that were donated as part of the campaign.
Blackbaud has given to Toys for Tots in Charleston since the start of the program in December of 1999, and what began as a local tradition has grown into a company-wide campaign. Now, multiple organizations benefit from the annual toy drive, and we’re able to help more and more children each year. In 2021, our donations were made to:
- SAFE Austin in Austin, Texas
- Boys and Girls Club of Manchester in Bedford, New Hampshire
- Toys for Tots in Charleston, South Carolina
- Hospital Nacional de Niños in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Community and Beyond Toy Bank in Glasgow, Scotland
- Local Buyers Club Winter Toy Campaign in London, England
- Heart House Dallas in Dallas, Texas
- Ronald McDonald House in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Gunawirra in Sydney, Australia
- Jessie’s Centre in Toronto, Canada
Every year, we’re reminded of the wonderful spirit of generosity that our people bring to Blackbaud and what an honor it is to come together to help good takeover. Here’s to spreading even more generosity in 2022.